You can’t recreate the actual feeling of being on the court, or making that move, of imposing your will or the precise moment that you realize you can reach the front of the rim. Because it is not a moment, it is a sense, an instinct, a flicker of insight and reaction so sudden that you have to act on it before it is a thought. If you want to feel alive and be a part of something bigger than yourself, then basketball is the sport.
The Williston Coyote girls basketball team sets the tone with their strong example and work ethic and make sure each teammate plays with a high level of intensity and accountability. Because they tend to have a certain edge about them, they raise the level of play of everyone around them. They are serious about success and very motivated to accomplish something special with the program.
Girls Basketball Coaches
- Luanne Axelson, Head Coach:
- Luanne Axelson is in her second year as Head Coach of Williston High School Girls Basketball.
- "With 30 years of experience, I am still passionate about teaching the game."
- Brent Lysne, Assistant Coach:
- Brent Lysne has been involved in coaching within Williston Public School District #1 since 1990. He has coached basketball, football, wrestling, track and field, wrestling, and baseball over that period of time.
- Karen Ashworth
- Karen Ashworth was born and raised in Republic, Kansas, where she was a four year Varsity player on her school's basketball team. During her Junior season, her team went 26-0, winning the Kansas State 3A Championship. She played basketball at Seward County Community College for two years and threw javelin at Montana State University for three years. She currently works as a fitness coordinator for the Williston ARC.