LEO Club is an official activity of Lions Clubs International that encourages teens to serve others in their community.
The Williston High School LEO Club meets on Thursdays at 8 a.m. in Room 226, and also participates in service projects and social functions.
The LEO Motto: Leadership, Experience, and Opportunity is fulfilled as members work together in response to the needs of others.
Service to our community can lead to scholarship dollars. Club members log their service hours and are able to use this volunteer time for scholarship applications. Club members also have the opportunity to earn a letter for participating in a school sponsored organization.
Activities or service projects in the past have included:
- Selling wreaths with the Lions
- Helping at the All City Halloween Party
- Bell ringing for the Salvation Army
- Shoe Box Project for kids
- Working in the concession stands during a sporting event
- Helping at the Sports and Rec show
- Attending Lions’ meetings
- Helping with Banquet West
LEO Club Advisor
Ange Gutknecht is the LEO advisor at Williston High School. She has been the LEO Adviser for 12 years. She enjoys being the LEO advisor “because it is exciting to see students actively participate and volunteer in their community to make it a better place.” If you would like more information, email email@example.com.