The Mission of the Williston Music Department is to educate students to become lifelong musicians who strive for excellence through collaboration and performance.
The Williston High School Band program consists of 5 different bands:
- Prep Band (Grade 9)
- Symphonic Band (Grade 10)
- Concert Band (Grade 11-12
- Wind Ensemble (Grade 11-12, by audition only)
- Jazz Band (grades 10-12, by audition only)
The Band plays for all home Varsity Football and Basketball games, in addition to performing at concerts during the school year:
- Monday, October 15 (Prep Band) – 5:30pm
- Monday, December 3 (Symphonic Band, Concert Band, Wind Ensemble) – 7:00pm
- Monday, February 11 (Prep Band) – 5:30pm, (Symphonic Band, Concert Band, Wind Ensemble) – 7:00pm
- Monday, March 18 – Band-O-Rama – 7:00pm
- Monday, May 6 (Symphonic Band, Concert Band, Wind Ensemble) – 7:00pm
- Monday, May 20 (Prep Band) – 7:00pm
Band students can also be involved in Pit Orchestra, Extra-Curricular Jazz Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble and audition for the University of Mary Honor Band, University of North Dakota Honor Band, and All-State Band.
WHS Band Handbook:
Eric Rooke has been the Band Director for Williston High School since 2005. He graduated from the University of Mary with a degree in Music Education.
"I truly enjoy teaching band and I look forward to the future of music in Williston."—Eric Rooke
John Bisbee has been a music teacher at Williston High School since 2017. He graduated from the University of Mary with a degree in Music Education.
For more information on Band and its events, please visit the WHS Band Facebook page and the Band webpage.