BYOD - Dear Coyote Parents
6 months ago
Dear Coyote Parents,
We are excited to introduce you to our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program which places technology directly into our students’ hands. In today’s age, technology plays an important role in helping to ensure the future success of our students. Although this is a new program to Williston High School, the BYOD program has become a common option utilized in educational environments across the nation.
Beginning in the fall of 2016, students will be required to have a mobile device available for all high school English courses.
- Purchase through the school district. $250.00 purchase cost includes insurance and protective case. Payments for school sponsored devices may be done in a lump sum or monthly payment plan through Acorn Online Payments.
- Purchase from your favorite retailer or online
- Rent from the District: $50 annual rental fee which include insurance. Families who qualify for free and reduced meals are eligible to rent a device at no charge through the school.
- A minimum 10” screen (9.7” tablets are acceptable)
- An attached or wireless keyboard
- Windows Laptop
- 10” iPad
- 10”Android tablet (Kindle Fire; Samsung Galaxy)
Devices that Do Not Meet Device Requirements:
- Smart Phones
- Tablets less than 10” (iPad Mini)
The student will be solely responsible for any equipment that he/she brings to school. Williston Public School District #1 is not liable for lost, damaged, or stolen equipment.